Flowdrill is a solid tungsten carbide tool, capable of locally displacing material to form increased material thickness. This increased material thickness allows for a stronger fastening connection by tapping, brazing or welding.
Flowdrill exists to provide a cost and quality replacement to traditional fastening methods. When you have thin walled material the only option to create strength is through a traditional fastener or thicker material, these all have disadvantages in the form of cost and failures in the production process. The Flowdrill eliminates the need for expensive fasteners by having a two-step process capable of 1000’s of repetitions.
- a chip less process
- capable of strong threaded connections for metric, imperial and gas threads
- capable of drilling steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminium and brass
- environmentally friendly, no waste, no single fasteners, and recyclable
Advantages Of Flowdrill
The Flowdrill comes into contact with the material using relatively high axial pressure and rotational speed. The generated heat makes the material soft and malleable enough to be formed and perforated.
As the Flowdrill pushes into the material, some of the displaced material forms a collar around the upper surface of the workpiece. The rest of the material forms a bushing in the lower surface of the workpiece.
All this happens in a matter of seconds. The resulting collar and bushing can be up to 3 times the original material thickness. The diameter of the bush is accurately determined by the cylindrical part of the Flowdrill tool.
The Flowtap creates formed threads by material displacement. The material flows into the thread depression and crest of the tap.
About The Flowdrill Process:
- Capable of strong treaded connections
- Capable of drilling steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum and brass
- Capable of drilling 1.0 to 10.0 mm material thickness
- Capable of drilling 10,000 holes in mild steel and 5,000 holes in stainless steel
- Environmentally friendly, no waste, no single fasteners, and recyclable